General Requirements For Family Sponsorship
To be a sponsor:
- 18 years of age or older.
- A signed sponsorship agreement between you and the sponsored relative. If necessary, the agreement commits you will provide financial support for your relative. The agreement also states that the person after becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support herself or himself.
- A financial support will be provided from your side for a spouse, conjugal or common-law partner for the three years from the date they become permanent resident.
- A financial support will be provided from your side to a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.
Canada Family Sponsorship: Who Can Be Sponsored?
- Common law partner.
- Dependent children.
- Conjugal partner.
- Brothers or sisters,
- nephews or nieces,
- granddaughters or grandsons
- orphaned, less than 18 years of age and unmarried or in a common-law relationship.
- Other relatives of any relationship or age, but only under specific conditions.
- Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, partner, spouse, and dependent children).
Kindly contact us to receive further information.