Canada Work Visa
This visa is issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. TFWP is proposed to help Canadian employers to recruit foreign workers in response to the shortages in the Canadian market. Every year more than 300,000 people come to Canada as a temporary foreign worker.
Streams covered under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- High-skilled worker
- Low-skilled worker
- The seasonal agricultural worker program
- The live-in Caregiver program
Under the Temporary foreign worker program a foreign worker must have an approved job offer and a work program permit before the arriving to Canada.
Every employment situation is unique and multitude of work permit options reflects this fact. There are many pathways to obtain a Temporary work permit whereas choosing the correct path depends on a number of following factors.
- Skill level, the type, and location in Canada.
- Personal and professional profile of the worker as well as his or her nationality.
Both IRCC and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) work in collaboration with each other and make it sure that foreign workers do not take jobs for which Canadian citizens and permanent residents are easily available. A prior approval for hiring a foreign worker must be obtained by applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LIMA).
Under Internal mobility program foreign workers may qualify to work in Canada without LIMA.
Options for family members to work in Canada
Family members of Canada work permit holder under Temporary foreign worker program may come along with them to Canada. All family members must complete their individual applications, but these applications must be submitted together. Even if a family member of the work permit holder under the Temporary foreign worker program (TFWP) then they need to apply for their own work permit. While in certain cases, spouse or common law- partner are eligible for Open Work Permit. Eligibility of spouse to Open work permit completely depends on the skill level of the temporary workers’ job.
- If a foreign worker is authorized to work in Canada for at least six months then his/ her spouse could be eligible for the Open Work Permit.
- A low skilled worker’s spouse will only be eligible for an Open work permit through an active pilot project.
- Children of temporary foreign workers can pursue their studies by applying for a study permit.
- Depend children are only eligible for an open work permit through an active pilot project.
Bharowal immigration can just assist the employer and job seeker in recruitment process but we cannot take the responsibility of any favourable outcomes.